In response to the popularity of eLearning that shapes the digital reading environment, HKEdCity launched the cross-platform multi-functional eBook reader, ‘EdBookShelf’. With text-to speech function in Cantonese, Putonghua and English; Chinese and English interface; built-in tools such as bookmarking, note-taking, highlighting, ‘Dictionary’; eBooks synchronised in the cloud; support to online or offline reading on tablets and smartphones, as well as multi-book reading via web browsers, students and teachers can enjoy reading anytime and anywhere on EdBookShelf.
Good reads are the keys to ‘Reading to Learn’. HKEdCity collaborates with various publishers, organisations and schools to continuously enrich the eBook collections. It provides a wide range of quality Chinese and English eBooks suitable for primary and secondary schools in various categories and levels from local and overseas publishers, including the free and paid school-based reading packages of ‘eRead Scheme’. Teachers and students of the participating schools have unlimited access to the books in their reading packages during the service period. The system provides student reading data for teachers to better understand each students’ reading habit, so as to develop appropriate reading strategies in school.
In addition, Hong Kong Reading City provides more than 1,100 paid and free eBooks for members to subscribe to. Let’s join the eReading journey together!
- Browse the list of ‘free eBooks’
- Enter the introduction page of a book and log in with an HKEdCity account, then click ‘Add to EdBookShelf’
- Read the eBook on ‘EdBookShelf’ (Web) or Mobile App
- Browse the ‘Buy eBook’ webpage
- Select eBook and click ‘Buy’
- Log in to ‘EdMall’ and complete the subscription procedures, then read the eBook on ‘EdBookShelf’ (Web) or Mobile App